We are looking for a Abattoir Operative to join our food manufacturing client's team based in Guildford.
Pay rate dependent on experience.
Working Monday to Friday, 7.00 am until the end of production.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure carcasses are dressed and trimmed according to company and Customer specifications as directed by the Abattoir Manager/Supervisor
- Ensure work is carried out to the best of operative`s abilities to meet production deadlines
- Seek training to maintain skills and remain up to date with best practice
- Ensure that all parts of the carcass are trimmed to produce optimum production yield while adhering to legislation and company requirements
- Work as part of a team and take responsibility for own work
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with training
- Comply with company policy and procedures on safe food handling and hygiene at all times
- Maintain responsibility for operational effectiveness of equipment and machinery and report faults to supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain personal PPE
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned
- Previous experience in a food production environment is essential
- Ability to demonstrate knife skills for the skilled roles, or
- Willingness to learn in semi-skilled/ trainee roles
- Good communication
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst working as part of a team, striving to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an employment business.