We are currently looking for Curing Operative to join our client’s team based in the Bury St Edmunds area.
The pay rate is a flat rate of £9.20 per hour which will increase to £10.10 per hour after successful probation period of 26 weeks.
Days of work rotate in 2 weeks period: 1st week- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 2nd week- Wednesday and Thursday.
• Reception of all deliveries that meet specification
• Booking in each delivery and applying traceability code, and maintaining traceability throughout the process
• Unloading and storage of product, ensuring stock rotation
• The accurate completion of curing paperwork including intake and process records
• Operate machinery to mix brine, cure and smoke products, tumble and vacuum pack product
• Preparation of weighted joints for further processing in production
• Conduct daily machinery start-up checks
• Keep your working areas free from rubbish and floor waste at all times
• Report any damage to equipment
• Report any Health and Safety hazards within the area
• Fully co-operate with site management and the workforce
• To have a flexible approach to work in order to meet changing business requirements
• Carry out all duties as deemed necessary by managerial and supervisory staff to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the factory
• Compliance to Health and Safety rules at all times
• Compliance to all company policies, practices and standard operating procedures
Personal Skills Required:
• The ability to communicate at a level which enables successful completion of tasks
• A positive work attitude
• Flexibility & adaptability
• Punctuality and reliability
• An ability to understand written / verbal work instructions, policies and procedures
• Experienced in the safe use of mobile plant
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an employment business.