Depot Manager required in Brandon.
Main purpose of the role is to manage day to day operations of the distribution depot and delivery fleet including the sample collection service and any warehouse duties where applicable.
Core role accountabilities:
- Lead a team of 12 professional deliver drivers with support of a Lead Driver
- Provide first line management of the drivers and Lead Driver and manage performance and conduct of the depot staff
- Efficient co-ordinator and planning of manpower within depot
- Managing depot process for returns
- Work closely with HR department
- Liaise with customer services and deal with delivery issues
- Ensure the depot/ vehicles are maintained and cleaned to the standard and arrange/ request repair as and when needed
- Liaise with other departments and managers in relation to delivery issues etc, to ensure efficient service is provided at all times
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven managerial and leadership experience
- Experience of distribution and logistics, preferably experience of controlling a fleet of vans
- A current driving licence with no more than 6 points on drivers licence
- Experience of driving an FLT would be an advantage
This is full time, permanent role.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with an early morning start between 4am-5am. Flexible working will be required.
Salary is £25 000 p/a
Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants we receive that if you have not heard from us within 14 days you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.