Currently we assist one of our clients while seeking for a HR Administrator in Grimsby
To provide HR administration support to ensure the smooth running of all HR tasks. You will be responsible for ensuring an efficient HR service through each stage of the process. You will provide an all-encompassing HR administrative service for all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related queries
- Administer HR related documentation, such as contracts of employment
- Responsible for maintaining electronic and hard copy personnel files, excluding Directors, ensuring compliance with data protection legislation
- Provide job candidate by screening, interviewing and testing applicant, notifying existing staff of internal opportunities and obtaining temporary staff from agencies
- Liaise with recruitment agencies
- Providing offer letters, new terms and conditions and other documentation for new starter
- Assist in developing and maintaining induction material for new starters
- Conducting induction for all new starters
- Maintaining HR documentation including Employee Handbook and updating in consultation with HR Manager and where applicable external HR support
- Assist in writing and updating HR policies and advising management team on practical application of polices.
- Support and advise management team on all aspects of people management, including absence management
- Support the management team with disciplinary and grievance issues, providing advice, documentation and attend meetings as appropriate
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that leaver administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate 3 month probation period reviews and other performance management documentation
- Other duties as required by the HR manager to ensure the business is fully supported by the HR function
- To deputise for the HR manager if required
- To be flexible in undertaking duties and responsibilities and may be asked to perform other duties with reasonably correspond to the general character of the position and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
Key Performance Indicators/ Key decisions
New employee 3m satisfaction rate
Percentage of new employee retention after 12months
Time taken to fill vacancies - Average time to recruit
Average Number of Interviews from Submitted applications/ CVs
Ability to record and analyse data using a range of information systems
Able to work to tight deadlines
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Educated to Degree level either in HR or Management or business related discipline
- Previous experience of working in HR
- Ideally hold or working towards CPP or CIPD qualification
- Evidence of working well whilst dealing with multiple priorities and working in an demanding environment to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of employment law
- Great organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent at using Microsoft office packages
- High attention to detail and able to work to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to relate to people at all levels with courtesy and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Act on own initiative within given guidelines
- Ability to exercise judgement and operate to a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Willingness to participate in other areas of HR work as and when required
This is full time permanent role, working Monday to Friday, 9an to 5pm.
Salary is between £18 k and £20 k p/a dependent on experience.
Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants we receive that if you have not heard from us within 14 days you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.