Maintenance Technician required in Huntingdon.
Job purpose is to work as part of a multi-skilled and flexible team to maintain Company’s assets to the required standard.
- Undertake preventative maintenance on company’s assets in accordance with the Maintenance Plan
- Provide accurate and timely asset history and reports for OEE and TPM
- Contribute to the achievement of zero unplanned downtime on Company’s assets
- Respond to all breakdown incidents within a timely manner
- Undertake fault finding and remedial action, getting it right first time and avoiding repetitive common mode failures
- Manufacture / modify parts, components and equipment in accordance with sound engineering / technical standards ensuring that H&S and operational requirements are met
- At all times work in a safe and efficient manner, complying with company and departmental Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessments and Procedures
- Undertake and record commissioning and re-commissioning activities on assets ensuring they are safe and operationally fit for purpose before hand over to production
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers with regard to parts, service, technical queries etc, maintaining a professional and cooperative working relationship at all times
- Participate fully in training and development activities to achieve the required level and scope of competencies as defined in the Skills Matrix and provide training and assessment of colleagues within your competence range
Successful applicants must have:
- Mechanical qualification NVQ 3 and City & Guilds level 3 (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- PC literate (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Fault finding and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Willingness to undertake further training/learning as necessary, and on occasion assist in the training of other team members
- Hard working
- Flexible with working hours (to include night work)
- Good telephone manner (dealing with suppliers, manufacturers & contractors)
- Reliable, lives reasonable distance from Company.
- Willing to be called out occasionally and to work periodic weekends if the business needs dictate
- Full driving licence required
Salary is from £25,785 per annum. OTE is c.£37-38K with overtime.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 7am to 4pm and Friday 7am to 12.30pm. Flexibility is required around these hours to carry out PPM.
Company offers 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, pension and life assurance after a qualifying period.
Full time permanent position.
Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants we receive that if you have not heard from us within 14 days you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.