We are currently looking for MANUFACTURING ENGINEER ASSISTANT to join our clients team based in HARLOW.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Salary: £18,000 up to £21,000 p/a dependent on experience
To work within the Manufacturing Engineering Department in supporting New Product Introduction and existing products.
To support trials and initial builds of new products, setting up assembly equipment, performing trials and creating reports of issues. Create standard work instructions.
To ensure accurate Bill of Materials and product routings, before product launch.
- To create and update the manufacturing data. (SWP’s, routings and process flow charts), for new products and from change requests.
- To set up and perform trials on assembly equipment, these include Ultrasonic welders, glue and potting machines and harness equipment. Produce products to the required quality standards.
- To support moulding trials, to ensure correct quality of parts and define packaging of the parts.
- To create harness costings and line balance plans
- To effectively communicate with Operations, all supporting functions and equipment suppliers.
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the post holders line Manger or Engineering Manager.
Previous experiences in the following would be advantageous:
- Understanding of BoM structures, assembly routings and material usages.
- Creation and updating of Standard Work Instructions.
- Machine setting and production trials
- Working in an environment where flexibility in meeting high expectations is required.
The ideal candidate would have high level of the following skills and personal traits:
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Analytical skills and presentation of data.
- Time management in order to meet challenging time-lines & goals
- Ambitious, personal pride and a desire to be the best at what they do
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.