MANUFACTURING ENGINEER required in Harlow
Successful applicant will be responsible for delivering manufacturing concept on 2 project. Those project will run in parallel.
The main deliverables for the above-mentioned projects:
- review manufacturing concepts,
- finalise floor layouts
- complete equipment specification
- firm up equipment quotations
- ·overview and monitor equipment build, delivery, installation and commissioning
- lead run and rate (meeting target assembly times)
- sign off complete production line to the operation manager.
- Create /keep all necessary documentation updated (PFMEA, process flow, SWPs etc…)
- Main responsibilities: To work within the Manufacturing Engineering Department
- To identify and manage productivity improvement projects, from the process identification, through to its implementation and acceptance by Operations, providing manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- To continuously update all the necessary documentation ensuring cross functional involvement. Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- To ensure the new process meets all the regulatory, safety, quality and cost requirements.
- To effectively implement cost improvement projects in line with the current systems to meet the annual targets.
- To support the ERP system by creating and updating routings, works instructions and Manufacturing BoM’s.
- To work in busy surroundings and be capable of communicating at all levels of the European Group within a change environment. Develop manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research projects; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations and involvement from operators and other support teams.
- To resolve conflicts through a positive ‘can do’ approach by facilitating and understanding alternative opinions.
- To clearly document and communicate project progression enabling all to understand the reasons for change throughout implementation programme.
Contract length - 6 months
Pay rate dependent on experience.
Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants we receive that if you have not heard from us within 14 days you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an employment business.