We are currently looking for Part time Payroll Administrator to join our client’s team on temp to perm basis in Ely.
Hours of work: 15 - 20 hours per week;
Pay rate: £11.58 per hour.
Purpose and objectives of role :
To process monthly and weekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Create and maintain employees payroll records, calculate wages and applicable deductions based on attendance and timesheet records. Ensures that auto enrolment is correctly undertaken and generate reports as required.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
- Process both weekly and monthly payroll.
- Maintain payroll processing system and records gathering, calculating and inputting data.
- Computes employees take home pay based on time reports, benefits and taxes.
- Respond to staff questions about payroll matters in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain the annual leave request log
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and relevant law.
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Honours confidentiality of employees payroll records.
- Completes payroll reports for record keeping purposes or managerial review.
- Determines organisations tax obligations by calculating relevant taxes and NI contributions
- Maintains the pension link and ensures that accurate data is uploaded in a timely accurate manner.
- Maintain the health surveillance records
- HR administration work as requested.
Key attributes and skills
Successful applicant must understand auto enrolment and pensions.
- Confident telephone manner
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Competent with spreadsheets
- Competent with SAGE 50 payroll software
- Familiarity with benefits and wage deductions
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Excellent teamwork, organisation and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an employment business.