We are currently recruiting for Quality Manager on behalf of our manufacturing client based in Braintree,Essex.
Salary dependent on experience
Responsible For: Quality Control/Quality Assurance staff together with the global infrastructure of the business.
- Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders, manufacturing and customers regarding technical support Responsible for all areas of the Quality function and provide support within Operations.
- Monitor and report key performance indicators across all areas of the business to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- Ensure Healthy, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitate Lean Business and drive Continuous improvement across all quality related areas of the business in line with strategy and in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Take an active leading role in evaluating methods and implement continuous improvements in the Quality Assurance operation. Responsible for BSI 9100 rev D standards
- Overall responsibility for Quality across the business
- Create and implement best practice quality vision/processes and systems where appropriate
- Lead and manage the quality function from product conception to ensure a proactive culture so that customers receive the product to the highest standard of quality possible
- Drive any necessary culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver agreed strategic goals
- Actively lead the reduction of Customer PPMs, Cost of Quality and in-house scrap and waste
- Work to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework alongside manufacturing operations
- Develop the Quality Management system, updating procedures and train team members where required
- Maintain procedures and processes to BSI 9100 rev D, ensuring company compliance for legal and customer specifications and standards
- Ensure effective internal and external audits happen as well as reviewing and auditing of sub-contractors to minimise non-value added
- Ensure that corrective actions are delivered, and non-compliance issues are resolved on time
- Support project management to cross functional activity required for project execution
- Report on Quality activities on a regular (weekly) basis to COO, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant KPI’s
- Set department objectives in conjunction with the COO and monitor ongoing progress and performance in a timely manner
- Ensure strong communication between teams and leadership to facilitate exchange of information and to implement change and improvements
- Knows teams’ strengths and weaknesses and develops the team
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organisational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Have a working understanding of FAIR’s and PPAP’s
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activies
- Complete regular Performance Development Reviews, and manage any people issues in conjunction with HR
Skills & Experience needed for this position;
Have at least 2 years experience as a Quality Manager;
You will have worked within the aerospace/aviation industry;
Worked to ISO9001 Standard;
Be a self manager and motivator;
Be able to manage a team of people.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.