REFRIGERATION ENGINEER required in Bury St Edmunds
8 hour day shift
Salary: £45,000 p/a
Responsible for maintaining and repairing the refrigeration plant and associated equipment, and any additional tasks deemed necessary to achieve this.
- The maintenance and repair of the refrigeration and heat recovery plant and all associated equipment to the highest standard
- Conduct daily plant checks and data recording
- Keep accurate and supported control documentation and supply to other departments as and when required
- Assist and support the department during audits and inspections as and when required
- To coordinate with supporting the refrigeration company
- Service support
- Plant overhaul
- Calibration of equipment
- Assist with Insurance inspections in conjunction with the Chief Engineer
- To order and control parts and keep accurate records of costs
- Maintain all Air Handling Units
- Report any Health and Safety hazards within the area
- Co-operate with site management and the workforce
- Compliance to company policies and standard operating procedures and to work within the guidelines as stated
Expected learnings to be attained:
- Knowledge, understanding and compliance to the company Hygiene requirements; including Personal Hygiene, PPC and Production Hygiene
- Knowledge, understanding and compliance to Health and Safety requirements
- CIEH Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing
Personal Skills Required:
- Experienced F-gas qualified refrigeration engineer
- City & Guilds Certificate in handling refrigerants (Ammonia)
- City & Guilds L2 F Gas Regulations & ODS Regulations Cat 1 2079/2010
- HVACR Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Health and Safety 2011
- City & Guilds 2078 refrigerant gas handling 2001
- Basic refrigeration course
- Good written and oral communication skills
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.