We are seeking a Retail Branch Manager for our client based in Faversham.
We are seeking a driven and reliable individual to lead Company’s Retail Team at Faversham Store in Kent. As a strong people manager, you will be able to get the best out of your team, proactively managing their performance and acting as a first point of call for HR related processes i.e. Time and Attendance, annual leave, disciplinary, grievance, training etc.
You will have good retail background with a keen eye for detail. Stock control/replenishment and till reconciliation will be familiar daily routines that you manage with ease. You will be commercially aware with the ability to close sales opportunities, up-selling at every opportunity. You will need to be physically fit, able to cope with manual handling of boxes/bags weighing up to 25Kg and able to drive a counterbalance forklift (training will be provided).
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, lay out customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in there areas to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction
- Liaise with and utilise support from suppliers, merchandisers and other partners as required
- Manage, maintain and report as necessary all merchandise and non-merchandise stock
- Manage upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures and fabric of shop premises
- Manage health and safety, security and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law
- Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff according to agreed policies
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and making as required
Duties include but are not exclusive:
- Ensure verbal and written instructions are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Manage merchandising and perform stock control effectively
- Manage the maintenance of hygiene and cleanliness of the branch
- Professionally communicate and liaise verbally with customers/ suppliers/ visitors/enquirers/co-workers and managers
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Able to work on own initiative
- Be an effective communicator
- Must be computer literate
- Attention to detail is important as mistakes are costly to rectify
- A confident and friendly personality is essential
- Any knowledge of animals would be an advantage
- Long Term Sickness Salary insurance
- Company Pension Scheme - 5% employer contribution
- Staff discount, salary sacrifice for push-bikes & childcare vouchers
- Occupational Health support
This is full time permanent role.
Working hours would be 5 days a week (on rota).
Salary is £15977 PA plus commission (OTE £27,000 PA)
Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants we receive that if you have not heard from us within 14 days you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.