Shunter Driver/ Yard-Man required in Guildford.
Temp to Perm.
Hours of work- 6.45 am until finish
The pay rate will be £11 per hour depending on skill level.
Class 1 licence preferable.
Forklift Counterbalance licence preferred but not essential.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the required tasks are carried out according to companies specifications/policies
- Ensure work is carried out to the best of operative’s abilities to meet production deadlines.
- Maintain a clean yard area as and when required throughout the shift
- Maintain all records to ensure they meet companies specifications/ audit requirements
- Maintain responsibility for the operational effectiveness of equipment and machinery and report faults to the manager in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for own work
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with training
- Seek training to maintain skills and remain up to date with best practice
- Cover Forklift duties in the event of holiday/sickness.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned
Knowledge & Experience
To succeed in this role you will be/have/display:
Hygiene – To ensure best practice is adopted at all times for control staff, product and environmental hygiene.
Health and Safety – To ensure job observations, risk assessments are up to date and to comply with health and safety regulations at all times. Be active in trying to reduce risk in accidents.
Training – To constantly review training needs in all areas and administer development as applicable
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an employment business.