Spray Painter required in Wickhambrook.
Working Monday to Friday 8am-5pm.
Salary dependent on experience.
Manage, in conjunction with the company’s Shot Blaster and FLT Driver, throughput ensuring a high-quality finish is maintained on all company products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manage the throughput of two spray/bake ovens.
- Hang shot blasted product parts on racks in preparation for painting.
- Mix paint for the day’s schedule (paint has an 8-12 hour pot life).
- Using an electrostatic spray gun, apply the paint to a high standard, avoiding runs.
- Paint one booth’s parts, switch the oven on before moving on to the second booth. Repeat process.
- Load the racks in readiness for the next phase of painting.
- Both booths should be left with top coated parts to ensure they are sufficiently cured in time for the next day.
- Clean all spray painting equipment at the end of each day.
- Change filters as and when necessary.
- Change wall liners, as and when necessary, ensuring the production schedule is not disrupted.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the painting equipment.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the spray painting area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Clean out paint dust, as and when required.
- Ensure paint dust is placed in the industrial green bin on the day of collection to avoid combustion.
- Empty paint tins should be crushed and put into scrap trailer.
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report any incidents, including near misses, to the Production Manager and complete relevant supporting forms.
- Utilize training, skills, and knowledge to recognize and assess potential risks throughout each day.
- Help to ensure all working environments are safe and secure at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development, as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet production targets.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful. applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.