We are looking for a Stores Supervisor to join our client’s busy warehouse based in Harlow.
To lead the allocated team to achieve productivity, quality, and delivery targets as required within the area and help foster an environment of continuous improvement.
To manage the performance all of operatives under their span of control.
To train operators as required and to meet the operational targets.
• To ensure that Company processes, work processes, rules and procedures are followed in all areas including Health & Safety and standard working practices
• To achieve output within the quality target, including all picking, packing and dispatching operations, supplying stock internally, put away of stock and maintenance of stock integrity across the warehouse / logistics operations as required across the Harlow sites
• To ensure agreed delivery plan is executed to required cost and quality targets and any misses identified. Root cause to be identified and corrective actions put in place
• To check that works instructions are used, and kept up to date with appropriate support
• To complete the required collection of data from the area
• To carry out safety audits and report any issues arising and ensure that staff are using the required PPE as per relevant risk assessments
• To develop team members and carry out performance management as necessary
• To assign operators to work centres based on the scheduled needs and the operator’s training / experience
• To instruct / give training to operators in the correct methods, procedures, safety, and quality criteria to perform at the assigned work area
• To inform the Operations Manager of any major product or major personnel issues
• To be responsible for inventory control and stock accuracy
• To assist in creation of daily operating plans
• To achieve production output within the required quality target, including picking packing and dispatching operations, supplying stock internally, put away of stock and maintenance of stock integrity
• Liaise as appropriate with internal departments to ensure issues are processed effectively
• Ensure the correct loading and unloading of trucks as required
• To carry out required personnel duties as running the area demands, with appropriate support from Operations Management and HR including back to work interviews, counselling meetings and appraisals
• To work as part of a team
• To participate fully and actively in the development of warehousing capabilities
• To create and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude which provides internal and external customers with an outstanding level of customer service
• To advise the post holders Line Manager of any difficulties in actioning the above and agree resolution
• Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the post holders Line Manager or Director
• Safety – Reduction in accidents and improvement of work place
• Quality – Correct picking / dispatching & stock accuracy
• Productivity – Late Internal orders /direct customer arrears
• Cost – Actual Performance against plan
• Warehousing background. Manufacturing knowledge an advantage
• Process management and improvement
• Facilitation skills
• Teaching/ Mentoring skills
• Communication skills
This is full time, 3 months temporary contract.
Salary is £20 k p/a.
Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants we receive that if you have not heard from us within 14 days you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an employment business.