Technical Coordinator required in Grimsby
Aim/Purpose of Job
Under the supervision of the Technical Manager and Technical Supervisor
Provide support and assistance to the Technical Department and customers where necessary to overcome packaging-related issues.
Have an understanding of all processes within Company’s Technical Department in order to provide assistance and support where required.
Maintain and update Technical systems and procedures as requested through the Technical Department to ensure good housekeeping.
Understand that all products sold by Company must be compliant with relevant packaging legislation.
Main Duties & Tasks:
- Administration to include: maintaining spread sheets, meeting minutes, relevant customer requests, emails
- Updating and creating Company Works Instructions and Technical Procedures
- Ensure that legislation updates are maintained for Technical use
- Capable of completing customer specifications in the required format.
- Completion of a monthly report on ‘Platts’ prices
- Understand Modified Atmosphere Packaging and be able to relate products to laser perforation information, including completion of laser request information from the Sales Department
- Product analysis involving some laboratory or factory testing / trialling when required
- Perform laboratory based testing on foodstuffs and packaging materials
- Undertake project work and research in areas as directed by the Technical Manager
- Organise samples to be sent for migration testing and log receipt of samples
- Obtaining samples from factory for Technical testing
- Obtaining samples from store or customers where applicable for Technical testing
- Maintenance of the ‘Film Register’ with appropriate information and specifications from suppliers
- Raising new film codes using internal computer systems
- Attendance of monthly Trial Meetings and actioning outcomes including updating systems/spread sheets and staff where relevant
- Give assistance if required to overcome packaging related issues, either internally or externally.
- Supporting quality complaints through investigation and customer/supplier communication
- Responsible for preparing and issuing declarations of compliance when requested by customers
- To work within Government and Company Equal Opportunities Policy and practices and report any
- To work within Government and Company Health & Safety policies and practices and report any hazards or incidences.
- Work in accordance with all company environmental management requirements, taking reasonable care for the protection of the environment through your own acts/omissions and report any opportunities for improving environmental targets.
- To undertake all Hygiene and Quality responsibilities to ensure that Company standards are met and surpassed.
- To be flexible in undertaking duties and responsibilities and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the position and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
Attitudes & Qualities:
Self-motivated and assertive individual
Both strategic and flexible in approach
To have a good understanding of Company’s manufacturing systems
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Ideally candidate have education to A level or degree in science ( prefer Chemistry)
Previous technical testing experience in a food environment/ an understanding of packaging materials desirable
This is full time, permanent position.
Working Monday to Friday.
Salary £18,000- £25,000 p/a dependent on experience.
Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants we receive that if you have not heard from us within 14 days you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.