We are currently looking for Credit Controller in Harlow.
Full time, 40 hours per week.
The Credit Controller's pay rate is £27,500 per annum.
Person (Credit Controller's) Spec:
Excellent people skills
Excellent communication skills – both written & orally
Builds relationships well with colleagues and with customers
Strong professional manner to constructively deal with customer excuses and ensure we get prompt payment
(Credit Controllers)Skills / Experience:
Good knowledge of excel, pivot tables, lookup formulas
Experience of working in a busy environment
Worked in a volume-driven credit control function
Used to dealing with a number of queries and helping resolve the queries to get payment
Understanding of VAT & when it should / should not be charged with international customers
Solid organisational skills.
You will be part of the Finance team and be responsible for collecting all customer debts by their due dates and follow a structured process to pursue overdue debts.
- Confirming balances due with customers in advance of their due date and chasing outstanding debt via electronic mail and telephone
- Dealing with all aspects of the accounts receivable ledger including:
- Allocation of receipts to customer accounts
- Sending out customer invoices and statements
- Maintaining a schedule of customer account queries
- Updating the customer accounts for comments and notes.
- Accounts receivable housekeeping
- Issue of credit notes as required
- Analysis & Reporting
- Liaise with the Customer Service Department to resolve customer invoice queries, obtain the necessary proof of deliveries
- Liaise with the Sales Managers over debt collection issues.
- Arrange for direct debits to be taken when required by agreeing on balances with the customer accounts department
- Administer the opening of new customer accounts ensuring that all of the relevant data is obtained and appropriate credit checks and reviews are performed before the account is opened.
- Review credit limits for existing customers at least on an annual basis
- Authorising orders within prescribed limits when a customer account goes on stop
- Update daily AR reports and collate various credit control KPI’s as directed
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an agency.