We are looking for a Technical Manager to join our client's team based in Bury St Edmunds.
Full-time, permanent role.
Technical Manager working hours are Monday -Friday day shift. 6 am – 2.00 pm.
Technical Manager salary is £35,000 + Progression + Autonomy
- Annual pay reviews.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 20 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted staff sales
If you have a good working knowledge of Technical/QA from a meat/food background, with a strong understanding of SALSA standards and you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference to the success of a small family run business, you could be just the person we are looking for. The role is very hands on and will ideally suit a self-motivated, individual looking for the next step up in their career.
You will need the knowledge to play a pivotal part in the company's success, carrying out a wide variety of tasks, including the implementation of policies and procedures, strengthening the team, maintaining our exemplary SALSA status and the confidence to liaise with both, colleagues, peers, customers, and suppliers.
Technical Manager's Role;
- Full time permanent position within a chilled environment, meat/fmcg manufacturing, processing, and distribution company
- Hands-on role working in a small management team ensuring our products are manufactured safely, legally and are of the quality required.
- Lots of variety - maintaining SALSA standards, managing staff, clients and suppliers, and implementing procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining all Food Safety and Factory Hygiene requirements.
- Liaising with suppliers, site colleagues and customers on all technical related matters
Technical Manager's Responsibilities:
- Management of the Quality Management system and document control
- Maintaining systems and managing site audit schedules to ensure compliance.
- Liaising with customers on quality issues and co-ordinating customer visits / audits
- Liaising with external auditing bodies
- Proactively communicating information to the business on technical performance
- Identifying technically related training requirements across the business
- Creating effective corrective or preventative action plans for any issues relating to legislation, systems, processes or procedures and/or product
- Management of site hygiene, internal auditing, and site inspections.
The person (Technical Manager):
- Working background in a supervisory/managerial role within the meat/fmcg sector
- Strong working knowledge of current SALSA standards
- Preference to work in a varied and autonomous role for a small family business.
- Food safety level 3 / 4.
- HACCP level 3 / 4
- Good man management skills and can-do attitude.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Recroot Ltd is acting as an employment business.